Monday, July 2, 2007


Marilyn is a shining star
she's pure white shining bright.
Whether she is near or far
her beauty's in my sight.

She's pure white shining bright ...
not tabby ... not calico.
Her beauty's in my sight ...
A pure white shining glow.

Not tabby ... not calico ...
Her coat is soft and pure.
A pure white shining glow ...
(and of this I am sure!)

Her coat is soft and pure.
Her whiteness is like snow.
And, of this I am sure,
Our kitty love will grow.

Her whiteness is like snow.
Whether she is near or far
Our kitty love will grow.
Marilyn is a shining star.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my darling Mickeybear,

I'm simply beside myself with happiness! What a joy to read your beautiful Pantoum. You did a brilliant job, my dear. I am the happiest and luckiest loveydovey girlcat ever, and my heart is overflowing!

Whisker-kisses and love, my shining star, from your Kittypie

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

Marilyn,
I was so worried about this poem. I wanted to follow the pattern ... I hope that it makes sense.
The sentiment is true ... you are a shining star!
Your--Mick

Anonymous said...

Darling, it makes purr-fect sense *smile*. You are not only my darling mancat but you are a skilled and moving wordsmith!

And oh, the sentiment, yes -- straight from our kittyhearts, dear, straight from our kittyhearts.

More happy whisker-kisses from your ever-loving Kittypie

Honey P. Sunshine said...

she is soo very white and soft and floofy

Daisy said...

Mickey, I think you and Marilyn both are a pure white shining bright!

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

Wow, dat's beautiful, sensei!

~Donny

Anonymous said...

Hey Mick,

I am 'Kaika, Jeter's brother in Yosemite. My mom reads me your blog every day ... she loves the poetry. I don't understand what she means by this but she says that you and Marilyn are "two contemporary poets who have secured a spot in my heart by liberating themselves from the thethers of vers libre." Just thought you'd like to know. ;)

Your friend,

'Kaika